POLISH ACADEMY OF SCIENCES;
THE SERBIAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCES AND ARTS
2001 - 2003
ICTM - Department of Electrochemistry, University of Belgrade
Institute of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry, Polish Academy of Science, Krakow, Poland
INSTITUTE OF CATALYSIS AND SURFACE CHEMISTRY, POLISH ACADEMY OF SCIENCES, KRAKÓW, POLAND
ICTM – DEPARTMENT OF ELECTROCHEMISTRY, UNIVERSITY OF BELGRADE, SERBIA
Dr Amalija Tripković, ICTM-Department of Electrochemistry, University of Belgrade, Serbia
Dr Andrzej Kowal, Institute of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry, Polish Academy of Science, Krakow, Poland
Number of Researchers:
Aim and Scope:
The aim of the project is to investigate the reaction of oxidation and reduction of glucose on the differently prepared nickel electrodes. The nanostructure of nickel electrode in the shape of chessboard of dimensions 500x500 nm will be formed on the commercially available ITO (indium – tin oxide), nickel, iron and glassy carbon (GC). The selectivity, reaction yield and current efficiency of the electrocatalytical transformation of glucose will be determined for various electrodes (Ni – ITO, Ni – Ni, Ni – Fe, Ni – GC, polished polycrystalline Ni).
Preparation of the Ni – ITO, Ni – Ni, Ni – Fe and Ni – GC electrodes using the microtransfer molding method (mTM) and the electrochemical deposition of Ni. The topography of the obtained electrodes was studied by STM and AFM. The process of electrochemical oxidation and reduction of glucose was studied by cyclic voltammmetry and other electrochemical methods. The selectivity, reaction yield and current efficiency were established by chromatographic methods.
- A.V.Tripković, K.Đ.Popović, J.D.Lović, "The influence of the oxygen-containing species on the electrooxidation of the C1 – C4 alcohols at some platinum single crystal surfaces in alkaline solution", Electrochim. Acta, 46 (2001) 3163.
- A.V. Tripković, K.Đ. Popović, B.N. Grgur, B. Blizanac, P.N. Ross, N.M. Marković, “Methanol electrooxidation on supported Pt and Pt-Ru catalysts in acid and alkaline aolutions”, Electrochim. Acta, 47(2002) 3707.
- A.V.Tripković, S.Štrbac, K.Đ.Popović, “Effect of temperature on the methanol oxidation at supported Pt and PtRu catalysts in alkaline solution”, Electrochemistry Communications, 5 (2003) 484.
- W.Barzyk, A.Kowal, A.Pomianowski, „Noble metal (Ag, Au) cementation on non-stoichiometric cuprous sulphide grains”, Colloids and Surfaces, A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 208 (2002) 321.
- M.Skompska, A.Szkurlat, A.Kowal, M.Szklarczyk, „Spectrochemical and AFM studies of doping-undoping of poly(3-hexylthiophene) films in propylene carbonate and aqueous solutions of LiCLO4”, Langmuir, 19 (2003) 2318.
- M.D. Obradović, J.S. Stevanović, A.R. Despić, R.M. Stevanović, J. Stoch, “Characterization and corrosion properties of electrodeposited Ni-W alloys”, J. Serb.Chem.Soc., 66 (2001) 899-912
- M.D. Obradović, R.M. Stevanović, A.R. Despić, Electrochemical deposition of Ni-W alloys from ammonia-citrate electrolyte, J. Electroanal. Chem., 552 (2003) 185-196.
Dr Amalija Tripković, ICTM-Department of Electrochemistry, 11000 Beograd, Njegoševa 12,