Full Research Professor
Address: University of Belgrade, Institute of Chemistry, Technology and Metallurgy (ICTM) – National institute,
Department of Catalysis and Chemical Engineering, 12 Njegoševa street, 11000 Belgrade 6, PAK 125213, Republic of Serbia
Location of the Department: Faculty of Chemistry, Studentski trg 12-16, 3rd floor, Room 609
Telephone: +381 11 2630 213; +381 11 3121 564
Date & place of birth: 1963 Belgrade, Serbia
Education: 1998 Doctor of physicochemical sciences, Faculty for physical chemistry, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
Research Rank: 2007 Full Research Professor – Univerzitet u Beogradu, Institute of Chemistry, Technology and Metallurgy
Society of Physical Chemists of Serbia,
Association of Chemical Engineers of Serbia
Serbian Chemical Society
Professional Experience: 1990 – Center of catalysis and chemical engineering – Center of catalysis and chemical engineering
Awards and Honors:
2014 Emeritus member of Society of Physical Chemists of Serbia
2015 Member of Serbian academy of nonlinear sciences
2016 Member of Scientific society of Serbia
Phenomenology and theory of selforganization of nonlinear nonequilibrium systems and their dynamics. Homogeneous oscillators (Bray-Liebhafsky, Belousov-Zhabotinsky, Orban-Epstine) and biological oscillators (Hipotalamo-pituitary-adrenal system)
Professional Skills: Programming in Matlab, Stoichiometric Network Analysis (SNA), standard methods of physicochemical analysic (spectrofotometry, potentiometry, gas chromatography...).
Citation: 622 (316 bez samocitata), Apr. 2019; h index = 14
Language Skills: English
2014-2015 Preparation and application of new catalytic materials (Bilateral project with IC – BAS Sofia, Bulgaria)
2013 – 2017 Emergence and Evolution of Complex Chemical Systems (COST CM1304)
2009 – 2012 Cascade Chemoenzymatic Processes – New Synergies Between Chemistry and Biochemistry (COST CM0701)
1992-1993 TEMPUS PROJECT no 1234-92 / 2 (Nonlinear Dynamics in Chemistry and Biosciences, 1992-93)
2011 – Dynamics of nonlinear physicochemical and biological systems with modeling and predicting their behavior far from equilibrium.
2006 – 2010 Syntesis, characterization and testing catalytic properties of specially designed materials
Integrated, interdisciplinary investigation (III):
2011 – Nanostructured functional and composite materials in catalytic and sorption processes
Major Publications: Monographs and Chapters:
- Lj. Kolar-Anić, S. Anić, Ž. Čupić: Chapter 8: “Characterization of the Catalysts by Means of an Oscillatory Reaction”, in A. Spasic, J. P. Hsu (Eds): „Surfactant Science Series – Finely Dispersed Particles: Micro-, Nano-, and Atto-Engineering“, CRC Press - Taylor & Francis Group, Boca Raton London New York, (2006) 191-216. (ISBN: 1-5744-4463-8)
- Željko Čupić, Vladimir Marković, Ana Ivanović, Ljiljana Kolar-Anić, “Modeling of the Complex Nonlinear Processes: Determination of the Instability Region by the Stoichiometric Network Analysis” in: Christopher R. Brennan, Ed. Mathematical Modelling, Nova Science Publishers Inc., New York, (2011) pp. 111-178, ISBN: 978-1-61209-651-3
- Ljiljana Kolar-Anić, Željko Čupić, “ Linear and Nonlinear Reaction Systems ” in: K. R. Hedrih and Žarko Mijajlović, Eds., Belgrade, SCIENTIFIC REVIEW (2013) Series: Scientific and Engineering - Special Issue Nonlinear Dynamics S2 (2013) pp. 67-88, published by Serbian Scientific Society. UDK 001; YU ISSN 0350-2910.
- Ljiljana Kolar-Anić and Željko Čupić, Stoichiometric Network Analysis of Reaction Systems, Advances in Nonlinear Sciences, Editors M. S. Dimitrijević, D. M. Davidović, South Slavic Academy of Nonlinear Sciences, Belgrade, Vol. 4, 2016, 121-199
- Ljiljana Kolar-Anić, Slobodan Anić, Željko Čupić, Ana Ivanović-Šašić, Nataša Pejić, Slavica Blagojević and Vladana Vukojević, Chapter 23 Oscillating Reactions, in Encyclopedia of Physical Organic Chemistry, 6 Volume Set, Zerong Wang (Editor), Uta Wille (Associate Editor), Eusebio Juaristi (Associate Editor), ISBN: 978-1-118-47045-9, Volume 2, Part 2 Organic Reactions and Mechanisms, p.p. 1127-1222. (February 2017)
- Davor Lončarević, Željko Čupić, Chapter 13: Nanomaterials for Catalysis, in Sabu Thomas Yves Grohens Yasir Beeran Pottathara (Eds.) Industrial Applications of Nanomaterials, 1st Edition, Elsevier, ISBN: 9780128157497, Published Date: 1st August 2019, in press
- Ljiljana Kolar-Anić, Željko Čupić, Slobodan Anić, Guy Schmitz: “Pseudo-steady states in the model of the Bray-Liebhafsky oscillatory reaction.” J.Chem.Soc.,Faraday Trans. (Sada: Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics), 93 (1997) 2147-2152.
- Jelić, Ž. Čupić, Ljiljana Kolar-Anić: " Mathematical modeling of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal system activity " Mathematical Biosciences, 197 (2005) 173-187.
- Željko Čupić, Davor Lončarević, Ana Ivanović, Predrag Banković, Srđan Petrović: “Experimentally observable transitions between dynamical states in complex reaction systems” Computers and Chemical Engineering 32 (2008) 1301–1312.
- Ivanovic , Z. D. Cupic, M. M. Jankovic, Lj. Z. Kolar-Anic and S. R. Anic: “The chaotic sequences in the Bray–Liebhafsky reaction in an open reactor” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2008, Volume 10, Issue 38, pp 5848 - 5858.
- Smiljana Jelić, Željko Čupić, Ljiljana Kolar-Anić, Vladana Vukojević, Predictive Modeling of the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal (HPA) Function. Dynamic Systems Theory Approach by Stoichiometric Network Analysis and Quenching Small Amplitude Oscillations, International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences & Numerical Simulation 10(11-12): 1451-1472, 2009
- D. Lončarević, J. Krstić, J. Dostanić, D. Manojlović, Ž. Čupić, D. M. Jovanović, Cyclohexane oxidation and cyclohexyl hydroperoxide decomposition by poly(4-vinylpyridine-co-divinylbenzene) supported cobalt and chromium complexes, Chemical Engineering Journal, 2010 157 (1):181-188.
- Ljiljana Kolar-Anić, Željko Čupić, Guy Schmitz and Slobodan Anić, Improvement of the stoichiometric network analysis for determination of instability conditions of complex nonlinear reaction systems, Chemical Engineering Science, 65 (2010) 3718–3728.
- Z. Ivanović-Šašić, V. M. Marković, S. R. Anić, Lj. Z. Kolar-Anić and Ž. D. Čupić, Structures of chaos in open reaction systems, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 13 (2011) 20162-20171.
- Ž. Čupić, A. Ivanović-Šašić, S. Anić, B. Stanković, J. Maksimović, L. Kolar-Anić, and G. Schmitz, Tourbillion in the Phase Space of the Bray-Liebhafsky Nonlinear Oscillatory Reaction and Related Multiple-Time-Scale Model, MATCH Communications in Mathematical and in Computer Chemistry, 69 (2013) 805-830.
- Branislav Stanković, Željko Čupić, Nataša Pejić and Ljiljana Kolar-Anić, Numerical Study on Bray-Liebhafsky Oscillatory Reaction: Bifurcations, Journal of Applied Nonlinear Dynamics 2(3) (2013) 285–301.
- Olga M. Jakšić, Zoran Jakšić, Željko D. Čupić, Danijela V. Randjelović and Ljiljana Z. Kolar-Anić, Fluctuations in Transient Response of Adsorption-Based Plasmonic Sensors, Sensors & Actuators: B. Chemical, 190 (2014) 419-428.
- Željko D. Čupić, Emanuela Greco, Rinaldo Cervellati, “ New Experimental and Mechanistic Investigation on the KSCN-H2O2-NaOH-Cu(II)-catalyzed Oscillating System (Orbàn-Epstein Reaction). Inhibitory Effects by Diphenols.” International Journal of Chemical Kinetics, 47 (2015) 82-92.
- Tihana Mudrinić, Zoran Nikolić, Zorica Mojović, Željko Čupić, Aleksandra Milutinović-Nikolić, Dušan Jovanović, “ In situ videometry monitoring of bubble behavior during electrocatalytic oxygen evolution reaction ” Reaction Kinetics, Mechanisms and Catalysis, 115 (2015) 81-91.
- Miroslav Stanković, Željko Čupić, Jugoslav Krstić, Margarita Gabrovska, Predrag Banković, Dimitrinka Nikolova, Dušan Jovanović, “ Characteristics and catalytic behavior of supported NiMgAg/D catalysts in the partial hydrogenation of soybean oil” Reaction Kinetics, Mechanisms and Catalysis, 115 (2015) 105-127.
- Branislav Stanković, Željko Čupić, Stevan Maćešić, Nataša Pejić, Ljiljana Kolar-Anić, Complex bifurcations in the oscillatory reaction model, Chaos, Solitons and Fractals: the interdisciplinary journal of Nonlinear Science, 87 (2016) 84-91.
- Željko Čupić, Vladimir M. Marković, Stevan Maćešić, Ana Stanojević, Svetozar Damjanović, Vladana Vukojević, Ljiljana Kolar-Anić, Dynamic transitions in a model of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis, Chaos: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science, CHAOS 26, 033111 (2016).
- Željko Čupić, Ana Stanojević, Vladimir M. Marković, Ljiljana Kolar-Anić, Lars Terenius, Vladana Vukojević, The HPA axis and ethanol - a synthesis of mathematical modeling and experimental observations, Addiction Biology, 22 (2017) 1486–1500
- Željko Čupić, Stevan Maćešić, Katarina Novaković, Slobodan Anić, and Ljiljana Kolar-Anić, Stoichiometric Network Analysis of a Reaction System with Conservation Constraints, Chaos: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science, CHAOS 28(8), 083114 (2018).
- Ana Ivanović-Šašić, Tatjana Novaković, Zorica Mojović, Željko Čupić, Dušan Jovanović: Cyclic Voltammetric Study of the Influence of Porosity on Electrochemical Response of Nickel-Alumina Modified Glassy Carbon Electrode, Science of Sintering, 50(3) (2018) 313-321
- Rinaldo Cervellati, Emanuela Greco, Slavica M. Blagojević, Stevan N. Blagojević, Slobodan Anić, Željko D. Čupić, Experimental and mechanistic study of the inhibitory effects by phenolics on the oscillations of the Orbàn–Epstein Reaction, Reaction Kinetics, Mechanisms and Catalysis, 123(1) (2018) 125-139
(Total: 90 published papers)
Conference Proceedings and Papers:
- Ž.Čupić, S.Anić and A.V.Terlecki-Baričević: "Complexity of Dynamic Behavior in BL Reaction". "Dynamic days", Budapest 1994, Program, P1.33.
- Ž. Čupić, V. Marković, Lj. Kolar-Anić: “Stoichiometric Networks: From reaction routes to metabolic fluxes and backward”. 10th International Conference on Fundamental and Applied Aspects of Physical Chemistry PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY 2010, Belgrade, 2010, Proceedings, Vol. 1, 200-208.
- Ž. Čupić, Lj. Kolar-Anić: “Chaos in multiple-time-scale dynamics of the Bray-Liebhafsky oscillatory reaction”. Symposium Nonlinear Dynamics Milutin Milanković – Multidisciplinary and Interdisciplinary Applications (SNDMIA 2012) – Eight Serbian Symposium in area of Non-linear Sciences, Belgrade, 2012, Booklet of Abstracts, 28-29.
- Ž. Čupić, ”Alternating catalytic reactions” 1st International Conference on Reaction Kinetics, Mechanisms and Catalysis, June 6-9, 2018 • Budapest, Hungary, Book of abstracts, p 139