POLISH ACADEMY OF SCIENCES;
THE SERBIAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCES AND ARTS
2004 - 2006
ICTM - Department of Electrochemistry, University of Belgrade, Serbia
Institute of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry, Polish Academy of Science, Krakow, Poland
INSTITUTE OF CATALYSIS AND SURFACE CHEMISTRY, POLISH ACADEMY OF SCIENCES, KRAKÓW, POLAND
ICTM – DEPARTMENT OF ELECTROCHEMISTRY, UNIVERSITY OF BELGRADE, SERBIA
Dr Amalija Tripković, ICTM-Department of Electrochemistry, University of Belgrade, Serbia
Dr Andrzej Kowal, Institute of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry, Polish Academy of Science, Krakow, Poland
Number of Researchers:
6 Aim and Scope:
The aim of the project was to investigate the electrocatalytical oxidation of methanol on Pt and Pt-Ru nanoparticles deposited on HOPG (highly oriented pyrolytic graphite), glassy carbon and graphite. The topography and composition of nanoclusters was observed at Institute of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry PAS. The oxidation reactions in alkaline and acidic solutions was carried out at Institute of Electrochemistry in Belgrade.
The HOPG, glassy carbon and graphite electrodes with Pt and Pt-Ru nanoclusters was prepared using the spontaneous deposition. The topography of the obtained electrodes was observed by STM and AFM.
The process of electrochemical oxidation methanol was studied by cyclic voltammmetry and other electrochemical methods.
- A.V.Tripković, K.Đ.Popović, J.D.Lović, V.M.Jovanović, A.Kowal, “Methanol oxidation at platinum electrodes in alkaline solution: comparison between supported catalysts and model system”, J. Electroanal. Chem., 572 (2004) 119.
- V.M Jovanović, S. Terzić, A.V. Tripković, K.Đ. Popović, J.D. Lović, "The effect of electrochemically treated glassy carbon on the activity of supported Pt catalyst in methanol oxidation", Electrochemistry Communications, 6 (2004) 1254.
- J.D. Lović, A.V. Tripković, S.Lj. Gojković, K.Đ. Popović, D.V. Tripković, P. Olszewski, A. Kowal, "Kinetic study of formic acid oxidation at carbon-supported platinum electrocatalyst", J. Electroanal. Chem., 581 (2005) 294.
- V.M. Jovanović, D. Tripković. A. Tripković, A. Kowal, J. Stoch, "Oxidation of formic acid on platinum electrodeposited on polished and oxidized glassy carbon", Electrochemistry Communications, 7 (2005) 1039.
- A.V.Tripković, K.Đ.Popović, J.D.Lović, “Study of supported Pt and PtRu catalysts in methanol and formic acid oxidation”, Mat.Sci.Forum, 453 (2004) 121.
- A.V.Tripković, V.M. Jovanović, J.D.Lović, K.Đ.Popović, A. Kowal, “Particle size effect: methanol oxidation on supported Pt catalysts“, Mat.Sci.Forum, 494 (2005) 229.
- A.V.Tripković, K.Đ.Popović, J.D.Lović, N.M.Marković, V.Radmilović, “Formic acid oxidation on Pt/Ru nanoparticles: temeperature effects“, Mat.Sci.Forum, 494 (2005) 223.
- J.D.Lović, S.Lj.Gojković, K.Dj.Popović, D.V.Tripković, A.V.Tripković, "Structural effects in electrocatalysis: formic acid oxidation at model and real Pt catalysts", Mat.Sci.Forum, 518 (2006) 259.
- A.V.Tripković, S.Lj.Gojković, K.Ð.Popović, J.D.Lović, “Methanol oxidation at platinum electrodes i acid solution: comparison between model and real catalysts", J.Serb.Chem.Soc., 71 (2006) 1333.